PNSG has been involved in several conversations around Syrian Refugee Resettlement such as the Governor General’s Forum in Ottawa on “Welcoming Syrian Refugees to Canada” as well as the Peel forum “Syrian Refugee Consultation Meeting” convened by United Way of Peel Region(UWPR) and the Region of Peel(ROP). To update the wider community, this webpage has been created to house resources and documents relevant to work with refugees, and some specifically for Syrian refugees.
The following list of resources will be updated on a regular basis:
- Refugee Myth and Fact sheet with some general ideas on refugees, and what the actual realities are
- PNSG’s Syrian Refugees fact sheet – This contains statistics on refugees in Peel region, Canada’s response to the crisis and plans in the resettlement process.
- The Useful Links document contains many useful links on Syrian refugees including online settlement resources supports for service providers, mental health information, government reports, and more
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Population Profile on Syrian Refugees including demographics, cultural considerations, health characteristics and more
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) information sheet on healthcare access for Syrian refugees through the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP)
- PNSG’s Peel Service Provider Capacity survey to provide a current list of services and programs available for Syrian refugees, and identify gaps in services. This will be sent to service providers (settlement and beyond) across Peel region.
- PNSG’s Data tracking tool created for service providers to track how many Syrian refugees are being served in Peel region. This will help collect and analyze data to see what additional supports are needed across Peel. It will also be useful for funders to see the supports that are being offered across Peel.
- PNSG is hosting an event on January 21, 2016, with UWPR and ROP. This event is for private sponsors (groups and/or families sponsoring refugees) so that they are aware of services and supports in Peel region. This event will allow the settlement sector to provide displays and have conversations with these groups.
If you have any resources to share for our Useful Links document, or any other comments, please do e-mail Nadia Jamil at firstname.lastname@example.org.